Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 17

So it is already week 6 of this transfer. I know I have said it like every week but I just really don't know where time is going. So anyways, This past week was a really good week. We started teaching an investigator the sisters had before we got in the area. So we are going to work with her. We had one less active member come to church that we have been working with the entire time we have been here. It was so amazing to see him there. It was Don Spencer, the man that lost his wife about 3 weeks ago. So he is working towards doing those things that he needs to do to be able to make it to the temple so he can be sealed to his wife. He seems super serious about doing those things that he needs to. But I was filled with so much joy to see him seriously acting upon those things that he knows to be true. Like I have no way to express my happiness I felt for him. I don't think I will ever be able to really understand how I come to love the people here so much. I know it is a blessing though. 

And yes once again today is Tuesday. But today is P-day. We had a very special Zone Conference yesterday. And it had to be on Monday. Elder Arnold of the quorum of the Seventy came and taught us. So we had to drive 2 and half hours to Ivins, which is on the other side of St. George from where we are so it was far, to get there. Then the Conference was from 9:30-2:30 but he took way more time then that. So we got done around 3:30 and didn't get back to our area until 8:00 that night. But we had a great training. He taught with such authority and power. I am still amazed at the authority that he taught with. I felt like it was truly after the manner of the Savior that he taught. But he talked about a lot of different things. But he was very uplifting. He told the Sisters to stop having Guilt trips and talked about planning. But it was super good. 

So for Thanksgiving we headed over to Hurricane and stayed the night Wednesday with our District Leader. We got up Thursday bright and early and went and played football with some of the members. After that we had home made cinnamon rolls at a members home. Then we went and hiked one of the washes in Hurricane, and I failed to take my camera with me so no pictures of that but it was super awesome. Then after that we went and had lunch with some other members in the area, then after that we went to another members home and ate more! :) No complaints there. So after our second lunch we went and hiked the highest peak in Hurricane, And this is the actual name and everyone out here calls it that, but it called Molly's Nipple. It is an old Cinder cone if my earth science memory serves me correctly. But we hiked up to watch the sunset. It was gorgeous. And! I took my camera that time!! So after we hiked back down we went and had dinner at another members home. So it was quite the food filled day. But we were starving after all the hiking. We were all sore the next day. But it was totally worth it. 

So that was my week in a nutshell. I quite enjoyed Thanksgiving. I love you all. 


-Elder Valentine



No comments:

Post a Comment