Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 20

Well MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!
I hope this email finds you all doing well! What a great time of the year! I really love being a missionary at this time of the year. There is just something Special about it. 
We share everyday of the year the message of Jesus Christ. What better time of the year for that then the time that everyone takes to remember our saviors birth! Like I said, there is just something so special about it. How great it is we can take time to celebrate His birth and His life.
But I would ask all of you to remember the crowning event of our Saviors entire life!

The Atonement!

I want you to ponder upon that this coming week. That you all might take some time to think about the Atonement. What it is. And especially what it means to you, what it means for you, and what it means for all of us. 

Christmas is about following the example that Christ set. That of giving. Christ gave us the most magnificent gift that anyone could ever give. That of the possibility of eternal life. So at this busy time of the year, I encourage all of you to slow down for a second and ask what we can give at this time of year. And I don't mean worldly things, but those things that Christ admonished us to acquire when he said:  "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:" (matthew 6: 19-20

Christ asked us to store up things that are eternal, without end. So what can we in turn give that is eternal? I invite you all to think upon these things and seek to follow the example of our Savior. Of His love. Of all that He gave us. That we can in turn give as well.

I love you all! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas

-Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment