Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 24

So another transfer has come and gone! It is hard to believe that I have already been out for 4 transfers. But on Sunday we received our transfer calls. I am once again staying in the Kanab 2 area. So I did not get transferred. Elder Greene, my companion, go transferred to the Enoch west area. He is going to be right next to Cedar City. If anyone knows where that is. It is a little bit north of St. George on I-15. So overall he really won't end up too far away from where I am. It is about 45 minutes northwest of my area. So not too bad. But that is where he is going. My new companions name is Elder Read. Right now it is about 10:30 and I dropped Elder Greene off at the St. George East stake center at 9:00. Elder Read is supposed to be down here in St. George at 5:00 this evening. So we will see if that is right. But I won't be getting back to my area until like 7-8 this evening. But anywho that is going to be this evening. So I am going to be here in St. George for the day with one of the Zone leaders. 

Anyways, this past week has been another good week. We have been improving in our area a lot. We have found a couple of new investigators over the last few weeks. So that is super awesome. We are teaching a 14 year old boy named Cobe. And we have just started teaching a 9 year old girl named Mercedes. And then we have a couple of other kids that we might start teaching. It is really remarkable how many kids we teach. And I use the term kids for anyone under the age of 18. They usually are the most easily taught of anyone. They aren't hardened like some adults are. So it is really interesting. I thought I would teach more adults then anything else. But not true. But we are also meeting with a woman named Pam. She has the goal of being baptized this coming February. So we are going to work with her towards that. She has a thing or two holding her back. But nothing super serious. But we have slowly been increasing our teaching pool. It takes a lot of prayers and hard work to get out there and find people and work with them. We have had amazing help from the members in the area though. They have been the main reason that we are able to teach as much as we have. I really appreciate all the work that they do. 

So that has been our past week. It was quite the adventure. But I hope everyone back home is doing well. I have heard that there is a lot of cold weather and possibly some snow back there. I hope everyone is staying warm and safe. I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week.

-Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment