Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 23

Once more another week has come and gone. And I don't even know what happened to it. I don't have a clue. Time just seems to be slipping away. 

I feel like recently there have been a lot of people slipping away from this life. Whether that be back home or out here in the area that I am serving. They have completed their probation in this mortal existence and moving on to a greater place. I feel like this might be a time of grief for many. My mind is turned to a talk given by Heber Q. Hale in 1920. He talks about his experience about what happens after this life


I encourage you all to read it. I feel like those things that he speaks about are true. They bring a greater understanding and a much better perspective on the subject we all refer to as death. It really adds to our understanding of those things that are taught in the Plan of Salvation. What a blessing it is to know about the Plan of Happiness. 

Anywho this past week was good. We have been getting a better teaching pool established and have been able to set up a very regular teaching schedule. We have been able to do that over the last 3 weeks. So that is good. What is crazy is that this is the last week of this transfer. So next Sunday we will find out if we are both staying or if one of us is getting transferred. We have spent the last 2 transfers building this area. Establishing relationships with members and just the people in the towns in general. We are finally having some success. So I am happy about that. I feel like this area will have a good bit of work over the coming months and this next year. So I am happy about that. 

But I love you all and will email more next week.


-Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment