Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly update

Well sorry it has been so long since there has been an email. It hasn't exactly been a happening transfer this time. But that is ok, You have to take the good with the bad. We have struggled the past few weeks to teach more then 3 or 4 lessons a week. We got dropped by 2 of our 3 investigators and then we dropped the 1 remaining. So we plugged away at finding someone new to teach. To no avail. So we made the recommendation to President that he close down the area and just re-consolidate it with the sisters that are down in Kanab. Between the two areas there just is not enough work for 2 sets of missionaries. So they are going to taper back down to 1 set for the stake. I don't like admitting that we struggled, but we did. 

But that means we both have to go somewhere new! And while I am excited to get to go somewhere new, I am going to miss having served here in the Valley. Like a lot. But as for where I am going, I am headed up to Panguitch. Right up the road. No lie. It is like an hour to an hour and a half north on 89 from where I am. So that is pretty exciting. That is where Elder Day was trained at (the other missionary in this mission from the Swift Creek ward). So I talked to him so he said it is a great area. I am looking forward to going there. It should be very interesting.

So the next week is going to be tons of fun. Lots of new people to meet. Lots of new places to learn. so there should be some more news next week. But I love you all. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. The Church is true and the Book is Blue (missionary copies) 

-Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment